The Game


Babylon 5 was an incredible science fiction TV series that first aired in the late 90s. It had 5 successful seasons, several TV movies and a spin off series, Crusade. The series centered around the ambassadors of 4 major galactic powers, the "space UN" headquarters (space station: Babylon 5), and the men and women who ran this diverse city in space.

The CCG allows 3-7 players to recreate and retell their own possible Babylon 5 saga by allowing each person to either take on the role of one of the major political powers (either via their ambassador to B5 or their home faction) and attempt to dominate the other factions using diplomacy, intrigue, military, or access to fearful and deadly ancient powers. With several expansions, the CCG really is one of the best (if not the best) war/intrigue games ever made.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

50 Credits and a Week... worth of cards


  I had a pretty good week of acquisitions.  While I haven't had the chance to put them all in yet, I acquired almost 4000 cards for under 50 USD.  2 Shadows Booster Boxes, 1 Great War Booster Box, and over 3000 fixed, commons, and uncommons (complete sets each) from Wheel of Fire, Severed Dreams, Deluxe, and Shadows (which apparently is the easiest set to acquire cards from in the current market).  So for the price of a couple Crusade characters I pulled off this... and no card is represented more than x2... I was very happy with this all.  I still haven't put it all into Card Vault yet, but as I was mostly missing uncommons, this should really help... and I still have 2 Shadows booster boxes on the way (which is included in my total 50 USD).


  The white packets are complete common and uncommon sets.  I'll unwrap them as needed for our playgroup (which is mostly highschool/college kids), but for now I think I'll keep them as is...  I did unwrap at least one of each, couple of the few.  I'm toying with the idea of using them as give aways on the blog (say on random comment per month gets a complete common set, or the like... that'd require comments, of course).

  Besides the incredible quality of the repackaged commons, I've now finished off my Sheridans, Zathrasi (lol), and complete a second set of squadrons 1-3 (finally).

  Its still Wheel of Fire and Crusade rares and basically anything Psi Corps (which is more difficult than Crusade cards to find, for me) that elude me.  Once I get my new rundown of missing cards figured out, I'll post that.

  So for now its waiting until Tuesday's lunch game and figuring out how to hand the influx of 4k cards into my filing system (which was dealing with a total of 3.5k cards up to this point).  Ufta.

  My parting thought: my first Great War 2 booster packets were home runs for me: 



  While hardly the best draws for someone looking at resale, for me this was great: 4 uncommons and 2 rares that I didn't have... plus a couple commons that I was looking for a third in.  I've forgotten the thrill of hit great finds in a booster packet.  Ah the memories.  Have a great week all.


No comments:

Post a Comment