The Game


Babylon 5 was an incredible science fiction TV series that first aired in the late 90s. It had 5 successful seasons, several TV movies and a spin off series, Crusade. The series centered around the ambassadors of 4 major galactic powers, the "space UN" headquarters (space station: Babylon 5), and the men and women who ran this diverse city in space.

The CCG allows 3-7 players to recreate and retell their own possible Babylon 5 saga by allowing each person to either take on the role of one of the major political powers (either via their ambassador to B5 or their home faction) and attempt to dominate the other factions using diplomacy, intrigue, military, or access to fearful and deadly ancient powers. With several expansions, the CCG really is one of the best (if not the best) war/intrigue games ever made.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Babylon 5 CCG Game #2: End of the Lunch Game... new game coming


So yeah, I "won" a game... the two new players did well, but I think this game really shouldn't count.  I might need to go back and hone that Human deck some more (or maybe just rebuild it from scratch).  Feels like its can't ever be more than a strong supporting cast member.  I let the game go until the end of lunch and then played two planets and a contingency to close at a standard victory with 21 influence.  Londo's annoyed for sure (he wasn't playing a learning deck), but techno-mages did just fine keeping Refa, the Emperor, and Londo off my Inner Circle,

In other news, I'm only needing to log about 500 more Shadow cards from having all of my cards documented and organized... here's the system so far:



Also in trying to hunt down any other current B5 CCG players, if found this  Old RPG forum discussion on B5 CCG.  Pretty interesting, even if it was 7 years ago. 

Looks like we've got a game for Saturday for sure.  Non-aligned, Centauri, and myself.   I'll let them pick between Narn Power Politics, Techno-mage G'Kar, and Neroon Ranger deck... doesn't matter to me, the G'Kar deck is probably the weakest (just too slow), but I think they'll probably direct me toward the Ranger deck unless we have someone running the Minbari/Vorlon deck (and I hope we do) and maybe even someone running the Sheridan deck (I've already tweaked it to have a shot at putting President Sheridan in).

I'll get that AAR up as soon as the match happens... a few more games under our belts and I'll start posting deck builds for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment